Saturday, September 16, 2006

Pretend I'm Dying

When I look around and see the situation in the
world, like many people, my reaction is, "Whoo
boy! What a mess!!" Next is the thought of what
can possibly be done to improve the situation.
But, there is a problem – in order to solve the
various crises of the world, it's going to
require a significant change in the way people
view and act in the world. However, very few are
willing to do anything that will significantly
impact their own lives. Global warming? "Oh,
well, my one little SUV won't make much
difference, and I sure love the roominess. I
mean, come on, I still need to look good, right?"

So, how does one get anything done? How does one
make an impact on the world? What would actually
cause people to initiate action? And then I came
up with it: Pretend that I'm dying. Better yet,
pretend that I am a young child and I am dying.
Works every time. For instance, a young boy could
come up to you in the street, not well dressed,
pretty pathetic looking and say he'd really like
a bicycle. Our reaction, "Swell kid. Get a job,
and you'll be able to buy one." However, if we
saw on the news that a particular child (he might
even be fairly well off) was dying, and his one
wish was to have a new bicycle, within a week,
that kid would have enough bicycles to reach from
here to the moon and back, as well as several
motorscooters, dune buggies, a trainset, a rolls royce, and an elephant.

So here's the deal - I'm dying. I've been
diagnosed with terminal temporary-life-ism, and
can't tell you how much time I have left. It
could be any day now. (Well, it could, you know.)
And I have only one dying wish - which I beg you
to fulfill: I want to see an Enlightened world! I
want to see 1,000,000 enlightened beings
inhabiting the planet and tipping the scales of
evolution to a more evolved Awakened humanity.
Come on, how hard can that be? It won't cost you
a thing, and we've already set up the foundation
for it (you know, like make-a-wish). It's
www.OneMillionAwake.com. The whole purpose of it
is to foster the awakening of 1,000,000 beings,
to document their enlightenment (via email), and
to give permission to everyone in the world to
Wake up! So, the only thing you have to do is go
to the site and declare that you are Awake or
that you are committed to your own and humanity's
awakening. And then do what everyone else does,
send this as an email to everyone you know,
because for a change, this one is actually
important. This one could actually make an
unprecedented difference on a global scale. This
could change humanity forever, in the way people
have been seeking forever. So please, do this for
me; I'm dying. In fact, if my dying will make
this happen, I'm more than willing to give my
life, again and again. There could be no better
reason to give up this existence. In fact, there
could be no better purpose for this existence.

So, how about it? Take a few minutes for a young
dying boy's wish of Global Enlightenment?

No comments: